Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I'm waiting for my October nights and my December Days

As I sit and sweat through another July scorcher, my mind drifts off to those days where the coats and sweatshirts come out and those nights of keeping warm underneath blankets with socks (hopefully) keeping toes warm enough. Growing up, I was never a fan of summer. Sure it meant that being away from school but the discomfort was always there. Let's face it, no one enjoys being around one another in the humid hours. However, all of that can change if you're in an air conditioned space. Of course the summer days can be especially to those with the extra pounds (like I had during my teen years). Dammit, I'm not going to lie, those years were especially cruel. Because of the extra weight, I would start to sweat as soon as I stepped outside. It was uncomfortable and disgusting. I couldn't even walk around the library without having sweat run down my face as if I had just run a marathon; the air conditioning was always at a great temp. and yet there I was, a big ole sweaty mess. Now that the pounds are coming off, while I still perspire, I'm not as disgusting dripping like I was before. Now its okay for me to be in the heat for a bit before the beads form on my brow. Despite that small "yay" factor, I still yearn for the cold days when I am more relaxed and more at ease. Though there are some places where it brings me back to those days and those nights (they set the temps at ridiculous numbers and therefore the feelings are recreated in a teasing sort of way) and its then that I want to give them the one fingered salute. Nothing will ever beat the real deal....

No comments:

Post a Comment