Thursday, June 10, 2010

Entry Number One...

When you start to lose weight, you remember what started that life altering decision. For some it might be when they couldn't fit inside of their jeans. For some it might be when they realized that they couldn't play with their children anymore. The list itself can go on and on so I am going to stop right there.
I realized my root back when I was in high school. When I was growing up, food provided me a form of comfort that I accepted. I was young, naive and completely unaware of what I was doing to my body. I loved only comfort foods and turned my back on the healthy alternatives. Favoring soda over water, pizza over salads and the like. I did not care about portion sizes and simply ate until I was hurting. Exercising..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! It was no wonder I hated gym as a child and chose to head into JROTC in high school.
It also has to be said that when I was growing up, I was also a sweatbucket. By that, I mean that whenever I had to climb stairs or walk for quite a bit or even spend five minutes in the sun than I'd become this disgusting and sweaty mess. Sweat would pour out from my forehead and my neck and seep into my clothes. I would hate myself whenever I became that bad. For the longest time, I actually believed that I had a few health problems related to the sweat but it wasn't until earlier this year that I found out the reason as to why I was sweating. But I'm getting ahead of myself.
To explain everything, I think you should know that my entries are going to be frank and somewhat messy but that's just how I write. I will not shy away from every dirty detail. My whole point of these entries is to give hope to others who are struggling with weightloss. The first time that I realized that I had a problem, I weighed myself and found that I was 445 lbs. That was my jumping off point and I've been keep track ever since.
As of today, I am 170 and loving every minute of it. However, my journey to get to this point is a bit of a long story (all the more reason why I'm telling my story in entries). I know that all of this is one just one big mess, but I promise to have my entries straightened out from this point on.
They say that every story has an element of confusion. I guess I just used mine up.

No comments:

Post a Comment