Monday, June 7, 2010

Who I am

When asked that question, 'who are you', I open find myself wondering about such a simple question. Multiple answers could be given and yet how many of those answers are the truth? As children we are punished for telling a series of lies and as adults we tend to receive the same treatment. As adults, when we lie, we tend to turn those we love or we tend to lose our creditability. When pulled over by an officer for speeding, we often lie and say that we were not speeding; when heard of how fast you were going, generally you say 'aw shit, I'm screwed' inside of your own thoughts. But how does lying refer to who I am? I could lie and tell you that I am a successful and independent person who has the world on a pedestal. I could lie and say that I am a one of the most recognizable faces on this beloved planet of ours. I could also lie and say to you that my voice is one that has been spilling out from stereo systems for the past few years. OR, what I could do, is to tell the truth. I am an unemployed twenty-something who still lives with his family (but due to the economy, I'm happy to hear that it's no longer, odd or "out of the norm" to have such residency). I am an aspiring Storyteller who is waiting for his chance to showcase his work to the right representation. So that is who I am, an aspiring Storyteller by night and by day, just your typical unemployed twenty-something who is on the prowl for employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment