Thursday, June 10, 2010

To walk in the Fall

As I was walking through town earlier this morning when I noticed certain smells that caused me to yearn for the autumn months. As I walked past the hospital, I caught wind of their chicken soup. It smelled of your typical cafeteria blend of chicken soup and that provided a comfortable feeling. The scent, no matter where it comes from, of chicken soup brings me back to those autumn months when the cool air drops but still remains warm enough to where you do not need the layers. The other scent that shouted, 'October' to me was the scent of the air at one very interesting spot. I was walking down a residential street when the scent hit me. Despite the fact that every school is out for the summer, there was hardly a noise to be heard. No vehicles, no dogs, no birds.... In a way it was eerie but the scent was what stuck out the most. It's rather difficult to describe but I will try my best to describe the scent. The scent had elements of school textbooks, dead leaves (despite the fact that every tree was full and green), cold air and charcoal grill as if it had just been used.


I think it'll inform you to know that I'm not a summer or a spring person. The warmer temps and I do now always see eye to eye. I much prefer the late fall and winter months. Maybe its because I am a romantic that I prefer to be underneath a blanket as oppose to throwing them towards the opposite sides of the room like I do now. Besides, the fall months always promise better attitudes in the common folk and a better atmosphere all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment