Friday, June 11, 2010

Entry Number Two

Yesterday I posted the first of many regarding my journey down the weight loss path. Having mentioned that starting weight was 445 lbs, only to end up at 170 lbs. How I came to be at such a spot was not easy I can tell you. But before I can continue my journey, perhaps it would be best to explain my eating habits while I was in high school.
Back in high school I would not eat breakfast. Whenever I would try to, the food would end up coming back and landing either in the sink or in the toilet. Some told me that it had everything to do with nerves; which I found to be irrelevant since I saw the same people day in and day out. I personally believed that it always took me awhile to become comfortable before eating. Either way that was mistake number one.
My lunch hour always seemed to be around the same time so my first meal would not arrive until 11. The lunch periods that I had for all four years were never crowded and I was always seated amongst strangers (which is a topic that I will share ONLY with my shrink if I ever get one). I would always bring my own but I would also step into the snack bar line for my milk and the occasional salad. I was smart enough to avoid the juices and water since both were expensive and not to mention that the juices weren't always 100% either. So in a way, I dodged a bullet but not by much.
My lunch would always consist of, unless otherwise specified, two sandwiches (turkey, mayo and cheese on white bread), chips and dessert (whatever just happened to be in the pantry that was either cookie or snack cake). I would devour everything and remain rather full through out the day. So in a way, it was a blessing but it was also a damned curse. Having realized my mistakes now, such memories cause me to shake my head. But rather than curse the past, its best to enjoy the present.
Whenever I returned home, I would always snack and THIS WAS ONE OF MY BIGGEST MISTAKES. You know how you'll hear an overweight person describe how they could eat three gallons of ice cream or twenty hamburgers in one sitting and so on and so forth. Um yeah, let me clear something up. I WAS FUCKING OVERWEIGHT AND I NEVER ATE THAT MUCH! Such stories always (and I mean ALWAYS) pisses me off and causes me to roll my eyes. Us overweighters have normal sized stomachs, we just ate the wrong things and often have just a bit too much than we should. WE ARE NOT MUTANTS!!!
Anyway, whenever I would come home I would ALWAYS pop something in the oven. Whether it was Chicken Nuggets, Pizza, Mozzarella Sticks or even a frozen, processed Lasagna. Now the nuggets and the Sticks I would always cook 10-12; the pizza and the lasagna would always cook whole and I would always devour the entire dish because I was always SO hungry. Now this was usually around 3:30-4:00.
Dinner would always be around 7:00 -8:00 which was around the time that my mom came home and would cook dinner. By this time, my "afternoon snack" would have already settled by then and my hunger would return. So I'd eat my fill at dinner and then wait until 10 before having dessert. Whether it was ice cream or cookies, I always had just enough to curve my sweet tooth.
I'd be in bed at around 11:30-12 with satisfaction in knowing that I was "well fed". I never snacked when I should have been sleeping nor did I ever give any leftovers a "taste test". I believe that to be a stereotype in the obese community. I mean come on, no one is ever that hungry in the early AM hours unless they haven't eaten at all or they've been out drinking or smoking whatever they found in their bellybuttons.
When it came to Friday & (if I was lucky) Saturday nights, I made more mistakes. I would LOVE to tell my readers about my personal connection to movie theaters but I'm afraid I cannot. But to further move along this story, lets just say that back then, you could always find me in SOME cineplex on a Friday night (and possibly Saturday night). My routine for such day(s) would go like this:
-Buy Ticket (always 45-30 before showtime)
-Get concessions (which always included the largest tub of popcorn (WITHOUT BUTTER; stuff never tasted good) and the largest cup of soda (either Coke or Sprite unless they had cherry coke) and if I wanted candy, I brought in the stuff myself)
-Wait until auditorium was ready before heading in
-Watch film
-Leave and head out to vehicle
- Before heading home, head to nearest fast food joint (preferably something that I enjoyed) and get whichever sounded good that night.
-Head home and head off to bed.

OH..... MY....

Yeah. Let that one sink in. The popcorn+pop+possible candy+ burgers= ONE HAPPY CAMPER back then and one disgusted blogger right now.

So that's what I consumed during my high school years. I neglected breakfast, had a satisfying lunch, snacked BIG TIME before dinner, had second helpings during the evening and always had dessert before bed while my stomach cried on the weekends.

*sigh* Twas the life I led. Do I regret it? Not really. I'm disgusted by reviewing all of that but at the time, it was the norm for me. But speaking of "the norm", next entry I get to take you back to my life during high school. Oh this is going to be ever so much fun! Remember, permission slips are due before the trip.

Catch ya then!

No comments:

Post a Comment